To manage portfolio of Private Client Services clients and to manage administrators within the Private Client Services department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Provision of advice upon the utilisation of Guernsey by:
· High net worth individuals wishing to emigrate from the UK for CGT and IHT purposes;
· UK resident but non-domiciliaries;
· International groups.
· UK compliance
· Inland Revenue investigations
· Restructuring in conjunction with a migration or following a change in domicile
· Residence issues and Inland Revenue enquiries
· Controlled Foreign Companies issues
· Transfer pricing
· Residence and Domicile
· Migration between jurisdictions
· Benefits of utilising trust and company structures
· General tax planning
· Implications of delegating functions to UK based investment managers
· Tax treatment of various types of investment
· Devising tax efficient investment strategies
Provision of advice upon the utilisation of Guernsey by open market residents including:
· disposing of UK interests tax effectively;
· structuring continuing UK employment/consultancy arrangements;
· transfer of UK pension interests to approved Guernsey schemes;
· managing routine UK and Guernsey tax compliance issues;
· utilisation of Guernsey company (for property holding and employment purposes) and Guernsey trusts.
· Invoicing of fees, debt management;
· Assisting and reviewing work performed by administrators;
· Administrator reviews.
· To ensure that Guernsey and Intertrust anti money laundering and terrorist financing regulations are complied with to the extent required by your role, especially in respect of the reporting of suspicious activity or transactions, client due diligence and record keeping.
Participate where possible in social events organised for staff and management.
Such other duties that may be reasonably required.