Pan-European VAT position with a growing biotechnology group.
We are working with a global biotechnology business to identify a VAT Manager to support the group's EMEA operations. Supporting the Indirect Tax Director, the role will provide technical and commercial VAT advice, deliver technology & transformation projects, as well as support the VAT compliance function. The ideal candidate will have extensive European VAT experience either in a Big4/consulting firm or working in industry. Support for international relocation is on offer for the right candidate.
- Advise business units on Indirect Tax issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all activities.
- Assess the Indirect Tax risk of the business operations, making strategic decisions on the position and ensuring continued positive reputation with tax authorities.
- Occasional review of European indirect tax compliance prepared by the VAT compliance team.
- Update and document existing procedures and processes, and/or implement new processes where necessary, to ensure robust indirect tax compliance and reporting.
- Ensure staff involved in the end-to-end VAT process are properly coached on indirect tax processes and procedures, and are supported in their day-to-day role (e.g. by providing checklists or through answering ad hoc queries).
- Identify opportunities for increasing the group's VAT recovery.
- Oversight and support with audits and controversy as required, proactively seeking to manage and reduce risks.
- Work with and manage external Big 4 advisers to obtain advice on indirect tax matters affecting existing and new business areas.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- A formal tax qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 7557 231 550