My client is a US Multinational Media Group, with their European HQ based in Central London. The European Head-Office is recruiting an EMEA Tax Advisor to support the International Tax Director focusing on the tax affairs in France, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Russia and the Middle East.
- Planning, analysing and implementing corporate restructurings, acquisitions and integrations (including tax due diligence) throughout the EMEA region with a special focus on, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Russia and the Middle East
- Planning and advising on cross border profit distributions and/or inter-company payments
- Planning and monitoring the use of deferred tax assets (tax losses), tax consolidations and thin capitalisation across the EMEA region with focus on Germany, France, Netherlands, Spain and Russia
- Coordination with the finance and treasury teams on international financing schemes/restructuring
- Assisting and managing corporate tax audits within EMEA region
- Analysing, reviewing and implementing transfer pricing policies, TP documentation and TP compliant inter-company agreements
- Advising on and preparing VAT efficient multinational client contracts within the EMEA region
- Planning, advising on and preparing VAT efficient cross-border inter-company service agreements
- Advising on ad-hoc VAT queries throughout EMEA
The candidate will have the opportunity to grow the role into an increasingly hands-on intermediate to senior tax manager role.
- Experience in corporation tax (direct or indirect tax) within a European / international context
- Experience in European corporate taxation (cross-border corporate restructurings (M&A), financing and thin capitalisation, trans-national profit distributions, loss planning, tax reserves, …)
- Legal background (in lawfirm, "big four" or similar auditing/accounting firms) or from a corporate tax dept. in (service) industry
- Experience / Knowledge in transfer pricing would be an advantage
- Experience / Knowledge in (cross border) VAT matters would be another advantage
- Mobile i.e. willing to relocate to London
- Languages: compulsory English; French and/or German will be an advantage, any other EU language a considerable plus
- Candidate who is able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment and interfacing with internal and external professionals
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth on 0207 429 4404.