FTSE 100 business going through significant growth. Need to recruit an EMEA Tax Manager. Based Essex.
Your new role
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a large FTSE 100 business that is going through a significant period of growth. The business is embarking on a really exciting phase which will take the company to new heights.
The tax department's focus is to assist the group in meeting all relevant filing obligations in the jurisdictions in which it operates, reduce potential exposures to tax penalties and interest, co-ordinate and provide tax advice to the business operations, organise the Group's affairs tax efficiently.
As the EMEA Tax Manager you will work closely with the Regional Head of Tax.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Help deliver tax advice to the business operations within the EMEA region;
- Assist with tax controversy in the region;
- Assist with the year end and interim tax reporting process;
- Assist with the review and monitoring of tax risks and controls;
- Assist with cash and reserves repatriation;
- Assist with group reorganisations and restructuring;
- Assist with tax efficiently funding operations;
- Participate in special projects.
In addition to this the individual will play a vital role in ensuring that the profile of the tax team is cemented across the EMEA region and that the team is the go-to outlet for all tax issues.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Attributes
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) preferred
- Circa 5yrs post qualified
- Sound UK and International tax knowledge
- Strong awareness of tax accounting
- Confident and able to promote the tax function internally across business units and also externally by maintaining good working relationships with external advisors and HMRC
- Self motivated with ability to work both under guidance and autonomously
- Ability to work to both internal and external deadlines
- Must be able to demonstrate good project/time management skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good inter-personal skills
- Flexible approach to travel
What you'll get in return
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.