Looking to work remotely? I have been instructed on an EMEA VAT Manager opportunity (Permanent) to be based either in Madrid or London (& mainly remote) for a multi-national Technology business.
This is an advisory orientated role yet you will need to be comfortable with working on a range of compliance related process enhancement projects. The position sits within part of a team of 5 based remotely across Europe.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing indirect tax advice, on commercial transactions, transactional processing and business operations to ensure compliance with VAT regulations
- Review compliance for indirect taxes and perform proactive reviews of country operations, VAT processes and reporting
- Liaises with IT and business process owners to maintain and support indirect tax systems
- Proactively monitor monthly tax technical updates for applicability and ensures any applicable changes are implemented timely and accurately.
- Collaborates directly with local country business, process, and transactional processing owners to address changing business operations and tax laws
- Coordinates with regional shared service centres
- Delivers training related to the application of indirect taxes to business transactions.
- Assist the Tax team with tax planning, tax audits, and other projects/duties as required
- Supervise compliance for indirect taxes and perform proactive reviews of country operations, VAT processes and reporting
- Managing external advisers in connection with compliance activities
Circa £70,000, Permanent.
Please contact myself for further information 07557 231 548.