A FTSE 250 global company who are a market leader in their field are looking for a VAT Manager to join their in-house team. The individual will be responsible for all aspects of compliance and reporting and look at how to develop the VAT controls of the business. The role will have one direct report and work closely with the Head of Tax of the Group.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take control of the VAT compliance including VAT returns, Intrastats and EC Sales list reporting
- Implement processes to make sure the group exposed to penalties through late payments
- VAT accounting process and developing an improved VAT process framework
- Spread VAT awareness throughout the company by working closely across all levels of the business
- Deal with enquiries from the HMRC regarding any Indirect tax matters
- Experience of VAT compliance
- Accountancy qualified (ACA/ACCA/CTA)
- Strong organisational skills to deal with multiple projects
- Able to work autonomously as well as having good leadership skills to help develop a junior member of the team
Good interpersonal skills to deal with members across all levels of the business.