A multi $bn international Healthcare provider are working in partnership with Human Capital Partners to appoint an experienced and driven Employment Tax Accountant. Reporting to the Indirect Tax Officer, the successful candidate will play a key role in providing support to the business in improving employment tax compliance and process change matters, whilst implementing the development of robust compliance systems and processes.
Based in central London, our client offer fantastic career development opportunities for their employees, as well as great commuter links.
Assisting the Indirect Tax Officer, the Employment Tax Accountant will provide expert advice to the business on employment tax related matters. You will be required to keep abreast of legislation and social security changes in the UK and internationally.
- Contribute to the improvement of current processes across Employment Tax including US Assignees
- Provide employment tax guidance on all aspects of employee expenses to ensure compliance with HMRC regulations
- Be the day to day point of contact for any employment tax query for Payroll / HR / US Tax Teams and HMRC
- Develop and roll out risk management initiatives related to group employment taxes
- Continuously review and improve processes and controls in line with any group or legislative changes
- Manage short term business visitor’s strategy across the group and be responsible for liaising with external advisers for any submissions to HMRC
- Lead the management of the P11D and PAYE Settlement Agreement process including submissions to HMRC
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders, including Reward and Payroll teams in related to compliance and benefits
- Be a member of the IR35 steering group in order to assist with the IR35 project along with the developing and implementation process
- Assist with the administration of the Company's Performance Excellence Plan
- Keep abreast of UK and international tax and social security developments and legislation changes and be responsible for communicating this and providing advice to the business (including Payroll) on process changes required.
- Assistance with the SAO process from an employment tax perspective
The Employment Tax Accountant must have meticulous attention to detail in conjunction with organisation and communication skills.
- The ability to work independently, supported by a proactive attitude
- CTA (or CTA part qualified), ATT, ACA Qualified or qualified by experience will be considered
- Demonstrable and relevant tax experience of at least 2 years’
- Good working knowledge of tax across multiple jurisdictions such as corporation and indirect taxes