Global FTSE 250 business looking to recruit an Employment Tax Manager to join the group tax function.
Your new company
I'm working with a global FTSE 250 business that is now looking to recruit an Employment Tax Manager to join the group tax function.
You will be a well-rounded professional with superior intellectual capacity who has the ability to work hands-on in an intimate environment. You must be a strategic thinker with sound business judgement and the ability to identify critical tax issues and evaluate their potential impact on the business. You will have good UK employment tax experience and, given the profile of the group, will understand what 'best in class' looks like in order to ensure and be part of a world class tax function.
On a personal level, you will be passionate, hard-working and driven, and it is critical that you are excited about the challenge and opportunity that the group presents. You will have a strong presence and commercial interest which enables you to engage effectively with people outside of tax to shape, combine and deliver business priorities with technical excellence.
About the role
Reporting directly to the Senior Tax Employment Manager, the role will be responsible for implementing key employment tax projects and initiatives and supporting in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. The role will help drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues. Given the importance of employment related issues such as IR35 to the business, this role will be highly commercial, supporting the business on developing our commercial offerings. Therefore, the commercial impact of this role will go far beyond managing the groups internal employment taxes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Senior Employment Tax Manager on key projects and initiatives
- Working closely with the business to deliver services to our clients, ensuring that employment taxes are factored into commercial decision making
- Improving processes to streamline and reduce risk
- Build links with and support international markets
- Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
- Help maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
- Understanding key employment tax changes and the impact on the group.
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to Senior Employment Tax Manager in the Group Tax Team, where the successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong UK employment tax expertise with some expatriate and reward experience.
- Experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm.
- CTA or ACA qualified.
- A demonstrable track record of excellent judgement in taxation.
- Pace and urgency in implementing new projects and a good awareness of the impact on the business of new initiatives.
- Able to lead projects independently to deliver successful outcomes on timely basis.
Collaboration & Influencing:
- A strong desire to work effectively with a range of non-tax people across business.
- Being prepared to break down organisational boundaries through collaboration and by building strong relationships based on trust with peers.
- Ability to listen, negotiate and deal with robust challenge.
- Examples of thinking beyond the function and engaging with peers on taking an appropriate and pragmatic approach to functional strategies.
- Examples of challenging peers outside of tax on tax issues and how these can be balanced with non-tax commercial priorities.
- Being comfortable with building bridges with useful organisations, external bodies, advisors and innovative thinkers, and keeping up to date with developments in the field of tax.
- Strong execution skills with attention to detail and sense of urgency to shape and deliver financial goals.
- Team player with keen intellect and pragmatic approach to delivering results.
- Strong communication, influencing and decision-making skills.
- High levels of personal drive and determination to succeed.
- High levels of personal confidence, credibility, professionalism and integrity but with resilience to lead and manage change.
- Highly personable, builds relationships but is also not frightened of making tough decisions and giving feedback and responding to challenge.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available + generous package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.