Preferred backgrounds would be in Employment Tax or Reward (tax or legal), although strong Global Mobility candidates wishing to widen their skill set would also be considered. Established team members are expected to have a ‘primary’ focus (i.e. taken from Global Mobility, Reward or Employment Tax), a secondary focus and be conversant on the third area of the team’s specialism.
The positions have a consultancy focus (covering IR35, CIS, CJRS, NMW etc in Employment Tax, implementing and advising on approved and unapproved arrangements, EOTs etc in Reward and social security, international homeworkers, cross border reward issues etc in Global Mobility). However, over the summer months there is also compliance work to deliver (covering STBVs, PSAs, P11Ds and ERS returns). The candidates would be involved with the delivery of both consultancy and compliance projects.
The team have a diverse client base, undertake interesting projects and exceptional client service is central to everything they do.
- Undertake consultancy work
- Manage portfolio of complex advisory and compliance cases
- Give exceptional client service and be responsible for maintaining regular contact with client team
- Technically strong
People Management and development
- Liaison with Partners, demonstrating strong management skills
- Appraisals/monitor staff performance
- On the job training for junior staff on a one-to-one basis
- Dealing with staff questions
- Ensuring the firm’s procedures are followed taking account of institute and HMRC guidance, where relevant
- Ensuring department KPIs are met around utilisation, billing and recovery targets
Personal Development (Technical & Other)
- Reading; internal meetings; internal and external seminars and courses
- Awareness and interest in what other parts of the firm can do, to encourage cross-referrals
- Actively involved in business development activities/raising firm’s and individual profile as appropriate
Skills and attributes for success
- Client focus – ability to deliver consistently excellent client service.
- Commercial awareness – delivers value to client and team profitability.
- Teamwork – organises and supports others.
- Good communicator – both written and oral.
- Problem solving – positive attitude to solving problems and delivering outcomes.
- Enthusiastic and keen business developer
- Technical knowledge – be adept and up to date with a breadth of Employment Tax knowledge
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA) – Assistant Manager / Manager position
- Part qualified – Tax Trainee / Tax Senior position
To qualify for the role you must have
- Employment tax / reward / global mobility experience gained within the profession and or industry
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing people and clients
- Existing business development skills and appetite to grow business