The work is primarily project based covering areas such as employment tax and National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefits compliance. You will:
- Manage a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews
- Manage employer compliance activities relating to areas such as employment status decisions, PAYE health checks, SAO certification, HMRC’s “Know Your Customer” reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements and running projects relating to payroll advisory such as National Minimum Wage reviews.
- Take responsibility for a suite of business development and marketing activities, both internally and externally
- Identify and win new work opportunities
- Take responsibility for managing and delivering work to a high standard and meet deadlines
- Lead teams of people including coaching and developing staff
- Lead negotiations and other interactions with external bodies such as HMRC
It would be ideal if you were ACA/CTA qualified with a strong background in either employment status or National Minimum Wage compliance and a minimum of 7 years' experience in a similar role. You will be from either HMRC or practice.