Employment Tax Senior Manager, Manchester or Leeds based
Salary range £60-£75K basic + comprehensive benefits + annual bonus
Our client is a leading international professional services firm who have a strong values-led culture and are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse environment for their team.
The firm’s tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of the business which offers a broad range of quality career paths for ambitious people. Due to the continued success and growth of the North practice, an opportunity exists for a Senior Manager in the Employment Solutions team in Manchester or Leeds.
Employment Solutions operates as a national practice. The team work on a wide variety of clients including many household names. The work is primarily project based covering areas such as employment tax and National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefits compliance.
The main responsibilities are outlined below although it is accepted that applicants may need support with their development in some areas depending on their background and previous experience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Managing work in relation to a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from larger strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews
- Managing employer compliance activities relating to areas such as employment status decisions, PAYE health checks, SAO certifications, HMRS’s “Know your Customer” reviews, voluntary disclosures, PAYE Settlement Agreements and running projects relating to payroll advisory such as National Minimum Wage reviews
- Take responsibility for a suite of business development and marketing activities, both internally and externally
- Identifying and winning new work opportunities
- Taking responsibility for managing and delivering work to a high standard and meeting tight deadlines
- Leading teams of people including coaching and developing staff
- Leading negotiations and other interactions with external bodies such as HMRC
- Owning and proactively dealing with engagement management aspects of project delivery including work in progress, billing and risk procedures and with consideration for the financial and commercial implications when making difficult decisions
Experience, qualifications and skills
We are interested in candidates who have worked in Practice or HMRC. Practical experience of the areas outlined below with a strong background in either employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance.
Experience and skills
- It is ideal but not essential if you are CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
- Able to negotiate effectively by emphasising potential benefits of a suggested approach
- Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
- Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Applies sound judgment when faced with challenging decisions
- Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of setbacks
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KMPG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Thorough understanding of practical Employment Tax compliance including familiarity with either determining employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance
What’s on offer
This firm offers a competitive, benchmarked basic salary, plus generous employer pension contribution, private health insurance and life assurance, excellent holidays including additional holidays at Xmas/birthdays plus flexible benefits you can choose to suit your lifestyle where contributions are taken at payroll.
To discuss in confidence please contact email@example.com or call 0161 503 0035
Rutherford Cross is a specialist tax and treasury recruiter serving organisations in Scotland and the North West of England. To discuss the opportunities in our portfolio or for confidential advice on your next career move please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Manchester & NW) or email@example.com (Scotland)