This is an exciting time for the right two people to be joining Finerva. The UK tech and innovation sector is expanding rapidly and so are our clients. Our clients are appreciative of the prompt, easy-to-understand, actionable advice and support we provide them.
We have two newly created positions to join our expanding tax advisory team. One role will be focused on R&D Tax Credits and the other on Enterprise Management Incentive (EMI) Share Options and Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) advice and support. There would be opportunities to work on other tax areas as well depending on experience.
The roles will report into the service line leader. We are open to part-time and full-time applications. We have always been a flexible business in terms of location of work (home, office or hybrid) and are open to discussions here, so we find the best advisors join our team.
- Assess and advise on eligibility and suitability of the enterprise tax schemes for our clients.
- Project management – in particular managing client expectations on timelines and budget, and liaising with specialist advisors on complex advisory projects.
- Preparation and drafting of materials for submission to HMRC.
- Corresponding with HMRC and maintaining the firms’ good reputation there.
- Relationship building – building relationships with colleagues in the Finerva Team (particularly our venture CFOs and our core accounting team) and our clients.
- Business development – opportunity to become involved in business development including joining initial calls with leads and referrals.
- Additionally, there is the option to become involved in marketing projects (for digital marketing, social media communications, and website development) and assist CTO with the design of features for our proprietary software platform to improve client experience and efficiency around tax work.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience.
- CTA (preferred), ACA, CA or equivalent.
- Experience from engagements involving R&D Tax Credits, EMI share options, ITEPA, growth shares, CSOPs, SEIS or EIS.
- Experience working with technology, science or engineering businesses.
- Project management capabilities – ensuring client’s expectations are managed, and work is delivered on time, to budget and to the highest standards.
- Excellent communication skills particularly on video calls and email and managing expectations.
Personal attributes that are important:
- Responsive – an excellent communicator over video (particularly), phone and email.
- A self-starter – proactive and prepared to ask questions where unsure.
- Collaborative – enjoys working in a collegiate environment, supporting others and seeking help where required.
- Looking for progression – a hunger to learn and develop.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV and cover letter (including a paragraph on your view of the UK as a place for fast growing businesses) to firstname.lastname@example.org .