We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Employment Tax Senior Manager role.
Making quality second nature.
This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
Own your own work.
- Delivering a first–class advisory services and strengthening client relationships
- Providing general employment tax compliance advice relating to Employment Tax
- Managing projects and multiple assignments (including KYC, SAO and tax risk)
- Demonstrates the ability to analyse potential solutions and make recommendations accordingly set around National Minimum Wage, Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) and Off Peak Workers.
- Coaching and developing junior members of staff
- Working closely with the senior management team to identify areas to grow the business
- Ensuring consistent and exceptional technical delivery of projects
Be a part of a team.
- Works effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of peers and subordinates.
Reviews and mentors executives giving regular feedback, timely performance reviews and provides development opportunities. Demonstrates a clear appetite for self development through the performance review and personal development plan processes.
- supporting your compliance with HMRC filing requirements
- streamlining your payroll reporting processes
- assisting with documenting processes for compliance with regulatory requirements
- designing and delivering the rollout of expense policies to help meet business objectives cost-effectively, while ensuring your policies comply with tax legislation
- supporting you with HMRC compliance visits, including negotiating settlements
- advising businesses on compliance with the Construction Industry Scheme
- guiding and supporting you in the complex area of employment status.
The minimum criteria
- You’ll have post qualified experience (ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You’ll have experience of managing a small portfolio of tax clients
- Experience of UK Employment Tax National Minimum Wage, Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), Tax Efficient Remuneration Planning and Off-Peak Workers.
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
View our video below to see what life is like at Grant Thornton.