**RECRUITING DURING COVID-19 EPIDEMIC**
Large in-house global Indirect Tax Team seeking a further strategic hire.
- Work on VAT planning, compliance and documentation for both new initiatives as well as on-going business activities covering primarily UK, but also supporting wider EMEA.
- Work closely with local business partners and members of the tax department to structure and understand transactions and restructurings.
- In addition, the position is to ensure VAT technical advice to support their VAT reporting, compliance, and on-going tax controversy requirements.
In order to be successful, the candidate must possess the ability to think strategically while also engaging in normal day-to-day tactical details. The candidate must:
- Have in-depth VAT technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on business initiatives, contemplated transactions, and business proposals
- Be able to support on extremely complex audit and controversy projects in a hands-on and dynamic way.
- Be able to effectively manage networks and stakeholders, and also must be able to communicate, written and verbally, complex VAT concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals.
This position is not directly involved in day to day compliance but is responsible for assisting with the delivery of planning, real time coordination, and communication of various tax-related projects as well as collaborating with business partner contacts. This includes drafting the appropriate level of documentation to support analyses performed, decisions made and conclusions reached for purposes of reporting and compliance.
The environment is fast-paced, dynamic and an exciting place to be – you’re likely in another global company or in a Big 4 firm, and be looking to be part of something really special. Pitch-wise Senior Manager level in Big 4 speak would be about right.
For more information, contact Guy Barrand at BLT + 44 (0) 207 405 3404 email@example.com