Navitas is a leading global education provider delivering an extensive range of educational services to over 70,000 students across a global network at 120 colleges and campuses in 24 countries each year. The group was recently purchased by a private equity-led consortium having previously been listed on the ASX.
Summary of the European Tax Manager:
This is a key role within the Navitas global tax function reporting directly to the Head of Tax. It is a very broad-based role with a high degree of autonomy overseeing all aspects of tax compliance and advisory work across the European region. The successful candidate must be capable of working independently and be confident in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders across the business. There is a bias towards indirect tax matters due to the nature of the industry but there is ample and necessary opportunity to develop skills across all taxes.
Responsibilities of the European Tax Manager:
- Co-ordination of the preparation and filing of all European CIT returns in partnership with a single external firm.
- Preparation and filing of UK VAT returns.
- Preparation and filing of other European VAT returns in partnership with local advisors.
- Preparation and filing of UK PSA returns and supporting the UK Payroll Manager with the normal cycle of PAYE matters.
- Maintenance and enforcement of transfer pricing policies, including documentation requirements, functional analysis and annual computation.
- Management of withholding tax obligations and related treaty applications or other reliefs.
- Oversight and engagement with external service providers to ensure that any other tax compliance obligations are attended to.
- Providing guidance and practical assistance with tax accounting.
- Working with external advisors to assist the business with restructuring activity.
- Identification and implementation of tax risk management policies/framework.
- Coordination of European tax audits.
- Maintenance of Oracle tax engine (EBTax) working with external technical consultancy and in-house Oracle team.
- Dealing with all ad hoc tax queries from European business units.
Requirements of the European Tax Manager:
- Working within the tax team of a big 4 or mid-tier firm with experience covering a variety of direct and indirect taxes and working on clients with a multi-jurisdictional presence; and/or
- Working for a large corporate MNE entity with experience in direct and indirect taxes.
- 5 plus years PQE
- Initiative/ability to work independently – the role reports directly into the Head of Tax based in Perth, Australia and therefore the successful candidate must be a self-starter with confidence in their own abilities.
- Project management skills/experience - the ETM will be required to manage the completion of a large number of direct and indirect tax compliance obligations in multiple jurisdictions as well as other tax related projects.
- Communication skills –the ETM is required to regularly update and advise key stakeholders and must be able to communicate at all levels within the business.
- Team player – The ETM will need to work closely with other members of FSSE and be comfortable operating in such an environment.
- Occasional UK and international travel are required to undertake the role.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria for the European Tax Manager, then please apply now!
Closing date 24/2/20