This leading global education provider delivers an extensive range of educational services across a global network at 120 colleges in more than 20 countries. They are rapidly growing and looking to expand their services further in Europe.
They are looking to hire a European Tax Specialist who will report directly to the European Tax Manager. In this newly created, broad-based role, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to project and advisory work, supporting the European Tax Manager with offering advice to the group internationally. You will be assisting with all aspects of tax accounting and compliance across Europe (compliance is outsourced).
The role will also involve answering corporate tax, VAT, and employment taxes queries from the European business units. There is ample opportunity to develop skills across all taxes.
- Assisting the European Tax Manager with restructuring activity
- Assisting with the identification and implementation of tax risk management policy/framework
- Assistance with European tax audits (corporate tax, VAT, employment taxes and transfer pricing)
- Maintenance of Oracle tax engine working with external consultancy firm and in-house Oracle team
- Dealing with ad-hoc tax queries from the European business units
Compliance and Accounting
- Review and providing guidance & assistance with tax provisioning and accounting for European jurisdictions
- Preparation of UK Tax provisions for UK statutory Financial Statements
- Preparation of the UK Corporate Interest Restriction calculation
- Preparation of the UK CFC Review
- Co-ordination of the preparation and filing of UK corporate tax returns in partnership with outsourced Big 4 provider
- Preparation and filing of UK VAT returns
- Assistance with the maintenance and enforcement of transfer pricing policies including functional analysis and annual computation
- Assistance with withholding tax obligations and related double tax treaty applications
- CTA, ACA qualified or equivalent
- Tax Accounting experience
- Proven track record of preparing UK corporation tax computations
- VAT Tax compliance experience is ideal, but not essential
- Able to discuss tax technical matters in plain language.
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Flexibility to work from home
For a confidential discussion please contact Alin Brekke at Nebula Partners directly: