European VAT Manager – Bracknell – Contract – £275 to £285 per day – Compliance & Strategy
The European VAT Manager is a key managerial position within the European Indirect Tax team of this global company. This role will help meet the company’s VAT obligations across Europe and provide real time support to the business.
Based in its European HQ in Bracknell the role requires good knowledge of UK and European VAT legislation since the company operates throughout Europe. You will also take the lead for managing the obligations arising from the Senior Accounting Officer legislation across the companies in the UK.
This role has a strategic as well as a compliance focus, which requires an individual with excellent communication, client management and partnering skills across different business functions.
- Responsible for managing risk and compliance for all VAT, Intrastat, European Sales List, Local Listings and annual reporting obligations for all branches. Recommending countermeasures where appropriate
- Create training to develop Tax Analysts and the wider SSC VAT Team
- Manage and develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide expert advice to the business
- Effectively use advisors where appropriate
- Take ownership of the review and compliance management of the SAO Group for 8 UK entities
- Manage the process of Pan-E VAT audits
- Actively take part in projects for new business and new legal obligation change
- Provide Specialist support to department manager
- Provision of VAT advice internally, externally and to the business in Europe
- Provide analysis for business change projects.
- Preparation, reconciliation, analysis and management of issues arising for all returns and adapt as required to meet changing needs
- Review the UK and branch returns and deadlines to ensure compliance and risk management for timely and accurate reporting of all VAT, Intrastat, Sales Listing and other VAT related local and annual returns.
- Identify VAT risks and maximise planning opportunities. Supporting business units in managing these risks and implementing any relevant planning opportunities. Plan in countermeasures and propose where needed
- Manage tax audits to promptly and effectively respond to requests and take necessary mitigating actions where appropriate.
- Create and monitor VAT training needs in business, SSC.
- Keep the business Informed s of all relevant VAT rate and legal changes and ensuring systems updated.
- Identify and act on opportunities to optimise the recovery of input VAT, maximising any cashflow savings opportunities which may exist as well as reacting to case law to interpret impact for the company and assess any associated risks for compliance.
- Promote the profile of VAT within the Group.
The successful European VAT Manager will have a track record of technical excellence in VAT, either through a career path within a major accounting firm or within an international industry role with cross border VAT knowledge and EU regulation experience in multiple jurisdictions and in return will receive a daily rate of between £275-£285 per day. The contract is an initial 6 months with a small amount of International Travel.