European VAT Manager – Bracknell – Contract – £330 to £350 per day
The European VAT Manager role is a key managerial position within the European Indirect Tax team of this global company. It is a hands-on role that will help the European division meet the company’s VAT obligations across Europe and to provide real time support to the business.
This will be for an initial 12 month contract, likely to extend, with the potential to become permanent if desired.
Based in its European HQ in Bracknell the role has a compliance focus, but also with a strategic element which requires an individual with excellent communication, client management and partnering skills across different business functions. Also essential is common sense and the ability to work autonomously.
- VAT compliance and risk management, including Intrastat, European Sales List, Local Listings and annual reporting obligations for all branches. Recommending countermeasures where appropriate.
- Team Management - leading, coordinating and reviewing work of a remote SSC VAT team.
- Business Partnering - Manage and develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide specialist support to department manager
- Effectively use advisors where appropriate
- Manage the process of European wide VAT audits
- Actively take part in projects for new business and new legal obligation change.
Key skills and experience:
- Experienced VAT practitioner, with at least 5 years experience of indirect taxes, preferably with in-house experience at VAT management level.
- Cross border VAT knowledge – EU regulations experience in multiple jurisdictions.
- Excellent communication skills, able to build rapport and credibility very quickly with team members, project leaders and stakeholders.
- Strong Business Partnering experience – developing relationships with key business and team contacts.
- Strong IT skills (SAP, Excel and other ERP systems).
The successful candidate will have a track record of technical excellence in VAT, either through a career path within a major accounting firm or within an international industry role with cross border VAT knowledge and EU regulation experience in multiple jurisdictions.
Day rate of between £330-£350per day.
The contract is an initial 12 months with a small amount of International Travel.