European VAT Manager – Bracknell – Contract – £330 to £350 per day
The European VAT Manager role is a key managerial position within the European Indirect Tax team of this global company. It is a hands-on role that will help the European division meet the company’s VAT obligations across Europe and to provide real time support to the business.
This will be for an initial 6 month contract, likely to extend, with the potential to become permanent if desired.
Based in its European HQ in Bracknell the role has a compliance focus, but also with a strategic element which requires an individual with excellent communication, client management and partnering skills across different business functions. Also essential is common sense and the ability to work autonomously.
- VAT compliance and risk management, including Intrastat, European Sales List, Local Listings and annual reporting obligations for all branches. Recommending countermeasures where appropriate.
- Team Management - leading, coordinating and reviewing work of a remote SSC VAT team.
- Business Partnering - Manage and develop key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide specialist support to department manager
- Effectively use advisors where appropriate
- Manage the process of European wide VAT audits
- Actively take part in projects for new business and new legal obligation change.
Key skills and experience:
- Experienced VAT practitioner, with at least 5 years experience of indirect taxes, preferably with in-house experience at VAT management level.
- Cross border VAT knowledge – EU regulations experience in multiple jurisdictions.
- Excellent communication skills, able to build rapport and credibility very quickly with team members, project leaders and stakeholders.
- Strong Business Partnering experience – developing relationships with key business and team contacts.
- Strong IT skills (SAP, Excel and other ERP systems).
The successful candidate will have a track record of technical excellence in VAT, either through a career path within a major accounting firm or within an international industry role with cross border VAT knowledge and EU regulation experience in multiple jurisdictions.
Day rate of between £330-£350per day.
The contract is an initial 6 months with a small amount of International Travel.