Newly Created In House VAT role, reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for all European VAT issues. The role is based in the Midlands.
Market leading Multinational Group with operations Globally.
As the European VAT Manager you will be responsible for:
* Responsible for delivery of all European VAT compliance submissions and payments in line with set deadlines
* Responsible for month end accounting, journal entry review and balance sheet control account review/reconciliations
* Provides clear communication to corporate business partners of opportunities and risks
* Manage relationship with VAT Authorities in Europe.
* Manage relationship with external VAT advisors across Europe.
* Provides responses to European VAT enquiries and proactively manage US Tax Dept /external advisors to respond to tax authorities on a timely basis.
* Identifies areas to improve the effectiveness of our VAT planning activities and initiates and drives efforts to streamline or improve processes, tools and reporting
* Provision of comprehensive VAT advice to Business Partners in Europe.
* Researching European VAT issues such as cross border transactions
You should have a proven track record in VAT coupled with a proven track record in staff development.
Market Leading Package