Expatriate Personal Tax Assistant - Accountancy Practice - Shropshire - Up to £28,000 - Permanent Role.
Your new company
This reputable accountancy practice based in Shropshire and the USA have an exciting new opportunity for a new tax assistant to join their growing team based in the Shrewsbury office. The role has arisen due to the growth in client work across the UK and US practices, and affords the fantastic opportunity to learn both the UK and US tax systems.
This is a wonderful opportunity to expand the knowledge of an ambitious junior tax/accounts professional from both a job and cultural perspective, and provides the opportunity to meet new people and learn about how business is done in the US.
No prior experience of the US tax system is required as this will be taught.
Some travel to the USA will be available for business.
Your new role
- Preparing UK and US Personal Tax returns.
- Preparation of US Business Tax returns.
- Being involved in client meetings, calling and e-mailing clients for information etc
- Developing sound knowledge of the UK and US tax systems.
What you'll need to succeed
- Have experience of working in a Tax department within a practice.
- Possibly AAT qualified, ideally ATT qualified but if not, willing to study towards ATT and further relevant qualifications thereafter.
- Develop a good working relationship with the US team
- Have a client comes first mentality
- Work under your own initiative with a strong work ethic
What you'll get in return
- Salary from £22,000 - £28,000 DOE
- Exciting office environment
- Opportunity for business travel
- Full professional training and guidance will be given in the relevant systems and US tax law.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.