This innovative engineering and design consultancy company is renowned its well known iconic landmark projects. Employing over 4,000 people, the Group operates in 70 countries with strategic hubs in Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia and the Americas. Working with some of the biggest names in technology, pharma and aviation sector among others.
As the full time Expatriate Tax Manager, you will be a high profile member of Group Tax based in the global headquarters in London. A true business partner role. Ideally suited to someone with proven in-house experience and the ability to discuss complex tax issues in plain language. Reporting to the Head of Expat Tax you will be responsible for providing tax technical support on a broad remit of projects including tax equalisation, residency, payroll and social security.
A truly varied and flexible role for the right candidate to make their own and really add value in this changing tax landscape.
This Group have a variety of employment arrangements for individuals working overseas. The assignee population is predominantly UK employee working overseas under tax equalised arrangements, but many individuals on other arrangements including local plus, assignments from non UK entities to non UK host locations and also local nationals in our host locations. Your key responsibilities will be;
- Ensure that the business and the assignees are compliant with home and host obligations.
- Ensure the tax and social security cost of an assignment is fully costed and optimised.
- Working with the HR and Payroll team to ensure a holistic approach to every project and assignment.
- Ensuring that the Consultancy projects are both compliant and optimised in all areas of expatriate tax and social security in the UK and overseas.
- Assist with the identification, management and monitoring of the risks for expatriate tax and social security issues.
- Work with external providers in the provision of UK and overseas tax compliance.
- Working with the employees and external providers to complete overseas registrations and obtain expat tax rates and reliefs.
- Undertake departure briefings including the completion of forms P85, SA1, 64-8 and A1/certificate of coverage applications.
- Help employees to manage the home and host tax return compliance process.
- Provision of forecasting costs for assignments incorporating anticipated changes eg loss of tax reliefs and special tax rates.
- Assist in structuring of tax efficient packages.
- Help drive process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Interface with HR and Payroll to ensure a seamless Global Mobility service to the business.
- Undertake and deliver ad-hoc projects and duties as required
- Competitive base salary
- Excellent defined contribution pension scheme
- Private medical
- Flexible benefits scheme
- Genuinely flexible environment
- Ability to decide your own hours
- Proven experience of all areas of expat tax including tax equalisation and residency.
- Good understanding payroll for expats
- Experience with social security regulations preferred
- Knowledge of other non expat tax for non UK jurisdictions preferred
- Ability to build good relationships internally and externally
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
To register your interest - contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners: