FINANCE BUSINESS PARTNER NEEDED NEAR AYLESBURY
I'm recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join a growing manufacturing company just outside of Aylesbury. This is a contract job for 6 months initially with a longer term mindset and we are looking to start the successful candidate in January. (Office based job)
Your new role
You are needed to build partnerships and maintain strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams within the businesses, developing complex analyses and ensuring financial control and reporting of New Product Development projects is maintained.
- Providing detailed Engineering project spend reporting and investment summaries to the Management Team and Exec Directors, on a monthly basis.
- Understand the business's information requirements and proactively provide financial and business support/analysis/reports that meet these requirements, and provide insight into the day to day activities as well as the strategic tasks.
- Support business initiatives including the development of business cases, business model definition, 'what if' scenarios and projections - including discounted cash flows, net present values and other appropriate measures of the success of projects and initiatives.
- Financial modelling and investment decision support, in order to drive business change.
- Working closely with the Lead Finance Business Partner to support the Engineering and Marketing functions, gaining a full understanding of key business drivers such as markets, competitors, and product innovation.
- Collaborating and supporting the Lucy Electric management team and engineers of the business, ensuring financial control is maintained for all New Product Development projects (NPD), including the preparation and maintenance of detailed project dashboards covering NPV, Payback and ROI calculations.
- Prepare the annual budget and quarterly forecasts liaising with the Engineering Project Teams
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience on developing
- Commercially strong with an ability to identify and shape opportunities/risks, influencing behaviour and decisions which improve business results.
- Experience of working in multinational engineering organisation and be accustomed to partnering multi-functional stakeholders at a senior level.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to quickly grasp the 'big picture' and exhibit judgement in drawing conclusions and solving problems.
- Experience in a senior Finance Management role with P&L and balance sheet accountability.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office software and finance packages.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both one to one and group environments, with the ability to communicate complex financial data to non-finance employees.
- Ability to create and use complex financial models for development and analysis of the business.
- Experience of working as Finance Partner within manufacturing business is desirable.
As previously stated, this is a fixed term contract job for 6 months so you will need to be ready to start in Jan and live not too far from Aylesbury, Bucks.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.