Finance Systems Officer Temp Rate:£14-£16 per hour Duration:6 months Location:Central Oxford Public Sector
Your new company
This is an opportunity to join a public sector organisation at the heart of Oxford City Centre. Our client is a well respected organisation who provide valued support services to the local Oxfordshire community.
Your new role
As a Finance Systems Officer, you will be responsible for; managing the input, updating and off boarding of care provision, payee, contractual and payment data across the finance systems. As well as the provision of a high-quality data control monitoring, system development and continuous improvement to meet best practice standards, you will be responsible for supporting the team to achieve its objectives, these include:
- timely, accurate and appropriate recording of financial data
- compliant management of sensitive data
- processing payments on time to payees in line with financial regulations
- recording accurate payments and charges
- effectively managing enquiries from providers, payees and colleagues
- delivering a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
- providing key performance data to senior managers and ensuring systems and processes are performing in line with targets
- administrative tasks to support the completion of; appropriate and accurate payments and charges.
- putting forward ideas for implementing system changes
- producing key performance data and financial information used for reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of working in a similar system or financial environment
- Ability to work independently and well under pressure, managing multiple tasks and by prioritising competing demands effectively
- Attention to detail, and experience in analysing and interpreting data, and presenting it in an understandable format
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of communicating complex matters effectively in a variety of mediums in a professional and timely manner, fostering effective working relationships with colleagues and external providers and professionals
- IT: Excel (essential)
What you'll get in return
This is a great new opportunity, for anyone looking to take on a temporary contract within the public sector. Not only will you be involved with interesting finance systems projects, your efforts will be contributing to the local community. You will also have the opportunity to earn between £14.00 - £16.00 per hour, dependent on experience. Flexible working options available and this temporary contract will run for a duration of 6 months.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.