Project/Operational Tax Manager required for FTSE 100 group with flexibility between Essex and London offices
Your new company
You will be working in the In-House Taxation function of a FTSE 100 company and leading provider of product assurance and testing for customers. This is a global company which has a presence in over 100 countries.
Your new role
The role can be flexible and can be based between the companies offices in Essex, London and regionally.
The Project/Operational Tax Manager will report directly to the Regional Head of Tax, the role will focus on all tax including indirect taxes, withholding taxes, employment taxes and research and development claims. The role would suit a candidate that has strong business partnering skills, excellent commercial awareness, good project management and communication skills.
Duties required of the role will include:
- Advise on all 'above the line' tax items including indirect taxes, withholding taxes and employment taxes.
- Business partnering providing commercially aligned tax technical advice.
- Undertake an end to end process review of global operational taxes and proactively identify, manage and implement tax opportunities for the business.
- Advising on contractual agreements and tax implications arising.
- Assist with global review of AP and AR with a view to standardising and automating where possible.
- Undertake a global mapping exercise to identify tax risks and opportunities
- Work on ad hoc project to ensure that all tax implications are handled correctly, including Brexit planning/implementation and making tax digital.
What you'll need to succeed
It is preferred that you are a qualified accountant (ACA) or Charted Tax Adviser (CTA) with a strong background in Transfer pricing. You will be confident and able to promote the groups tax function internally across business units and also externally by maintaining good working relationships with external advisers.
What you'll get in return
An excellent salary, bonus and benefits package befitting of a large corporate organisation.
You will be an integral part of the group tax department reporting to the Head of Tax with the opportunity to develop key relationships with regional heads of tax and with regional and local finance managers.