Working in the Head Office, this role will provide tax support on all issues facing a FTSE listed Group operating across the globe.
You will take on responsibilities covering all aspects of tax reporting, compliance and advisory as required and their role is to deliver the following:
- Prepare, review and complete all tax reporting tasks during the group reporting process on actuals, forecast and plan as required for assigned business units and/or entities, together with support on group reporting matters
- Prepare, review, submit individual entity tax returns (predominately corporation tax but potentially also VAT, employment tax and FATCA/CRS returns) and support on dealing with HMRC queries.
- Support process for dealing with group compliance matters such as SAO documentation, Country-by-Country reporting, and generally supporting engagement with HMRC including attending meetings with HMRC when required
- Supporting process for partnering with tax teams in business units through participating in regular catch-ups and providing technical and general support to managers/senior managers responsible for partnering with business units
- Supporting managers and senior managers on advisory, project and tax lobbying matters through combination of technical research, project and general support
- Supporting tax risk management and assurance work as required
Take collective responsibility for the successful delivery of the annual Group Tax compliance plan
Continuously seek to improve the quality and effectiveness of tax reporting and compliance outputs by identifying and implementing operational process efficiencies through, for example. better use of internal information systems and tools
Manage and maintain close working relationships with the tax support team in Mumbai and continue to integrate and expand their role in supporting all tax compliance activity and other aspects of Group Tax work
Working as part of the broader Group Tax team. This includes:
- actively participating in wider Group Tax and Group Finance work and initiatives, and
- being prepared to help other individuals and teams in Group Tax as well as other business unit tax teams if required.
- Recognised tax and/or accounting qualification essential
- Relevant tax compliance and reporting experience gained in either industry or the profession
- Organised and thorough in approach with attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work efficiently on own initiative and prioritise work to tight deadlines
- Creative and solution driven. Takes proactive ownership and responsibility of issues and manages effectively through to resolution
- Strong desire to continuously drive operational excellence
- Excellent stakeholder skills - is able to effectively listen, communicate (verbally and in writing), challenge and influence team members, immediate peer group and more senior members of team
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.