Reporting to the UK Tax Manager, the UK Tax Risk & Compliance Manager will accurately prepare UK Corporation Tax Returns, assist with the preparation of the consolidated tax accrual and related disclosure for Group Reporting, evaluate and document tax risk across the group as well as update the tax compliance and reporting process as required.
- Preparation of a portfolio of corporation tax return filings in the UK including full and accurate disclosure
- Maintain key CT compliance documents including group relief matrix and capital gains schedules
- Assist with preparation for the annual HMRC Business Risk Review and provide responses to any HMRC enquiries into UK corporation tax returns
- Work with UK Tax Manager to forecast the UK taxable profit position for quarterly tax payments
- Review annual CFC status of group's overseas companies
- Help to prepare the group consolidated income tax charge, balance sheet and tax disclosures for Interim and Full year reporting, as well as Budget and Forecast cycles
- Review and where necessary assist businesses with preparation of tax reporting packs for year end and quarterly forecasts
- Analysis of group effective tax rate and tax cash flow
- Collation and analysis of total tax contribution data for the group
- Extract information and prepare schedules to meet the group's country-by-country reporting requirement
- Provide input for UK statutory accounts preparation and audit in relation to tax and related disclosures
- Design and implement suitable controls over areas of risk in the UK tax compliance and reporting cycle
- Lead direct tax risk review process working with the Internal Audit team, reporting results to the Group Tax Director, evaluate and plan follow up
- Advise and support UK Companies on the most effective method of implementing their capital expenditure and other projects
- Provide tax support for our UK M&A activity including tax due diligence, structure, financing, tax warranties and indemnity
- Qualified accountant and/or Institute of Tax qualification.
- Trained with reputable accountancy practice, strong background in tax accounting, under both IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Preference for experience working in a UK tax role of a large group with a comprehensive working knowledge of the UK tax compliance system.
For more information contact Mo or Dalia at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.