Sitting firmly within the FTSE Top 10, this high performing multi-national has over 30,000 employees and several market leading brands in its portfolio. Born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy and now with operations in the UK, across Europe, Asia and the US, this organisation has millions of customers worldwide.
As part of this newly created role, you will be at the forefront of how the Group responds to the ‘digitisation’ of indirect tax across the globe. You will be an advisor and ambassador to the global team on all aspects of indirect tax transformation, risk management and governance.
- Advise the Group on how to prepare for ‘digitisation’ of indirect tax management and changing tax technology landscape
- Identify additional opportunities to leverage the technology/systems across indirect tax. Work with Group Tax, finance, IS teams and external advisors to identify areas for systems/process improvement. Assist in implementation of additional or new tax technology/software.
- Ensure all indirect tax processes are standardized, driving simplification and efficiency, improving quality to reduce errors & penalties, driving effectiveness
- Review the current processes within tax software and challenge the outputs and advise accordingly
- Develop and implement a strategy to improve the use of technology to manage and improve indirect tax compliance requirements
- Experience in indirect tax procedures including governance, compliance and related accounting and documentation
- Delivering indirect tax strategies
- Proven advisory experience of dealing with indirect tax issues
- Proven Tax process and control experience
- Experience with tax process improvement and tax transformation
- Experience working with tax technology and knowledge of SAP or equivalent systems
- Significant management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Tax reporting skills desirable
- Willing to take occasional short trips to EU
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Car allowance
- Exceptional pension
- Flexible working
- Team management
For a confidential discussion contact Rebecca Sheehan at Nebula Partners: