Sitting firmly within the FTSE Top 10, this high performing multi-national has over 30,000 employees and several market leading brands in its portfolio. Born of an incredible entrepreneurial legacy and now with operations in the UK, across Europe, Asia and the US, this organisation has millions of customers worldwide.
As part of this newly created role, you will be at the forefront of how the Group responds to the ‘digitisation’ of tax across the globe. You will lead a team and take ownership of reinvigorating Groups approach to the management of all tax activities.
Working closely with Group Tax, various commercial operations, group markets and senior stakeholders - to establish a global tax governance framework and drive greater efficiency. Focusing on strengthening tax analytics capabilities to ensure readiness for future risk and compliance challenges. You will be an advisor and ambassador to the global team on all aspects of tax transformation, risk management and governance.
- Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will assist in managing a newly created transformation team, to establish efficient and effective governance for the tax compliance and reporting processes globally
- Challenge and embed a comprehensive tax governance process across the Group and via the implementation of a clear Tax Governance Policy, Tax Risk Management Framework and Tax Operating Models
- Conduct a full review of the current tax processes and controls and advise on in-house Tax transformation agenda to establish a global control framework to drive consistency and efficiency in all tax advisory and compliance processes across all taxes
- Ensure all tax processes are standardized, driving simplification and efficiency, improving quality to reduce errors & penalties, driving effectiveness
- Advise the Group on how to prepare for ‘digitisation’ of tax management and changing tax technology landscape
- Review the current processes within tax software and challenge the outputs and reports which have been defined
- Identify additional opportunities to leverage the technology/systems across all taxes. Work with Group Tax, finance, IS teams and external advisors to identify areas for systems/process improvement. Lead on subsequent implementation of additional or new tax technology/software
- Define and execute a roadmap for process standardisation, automation and the transition of resources to the new tax operating model across Group Tax
- Advising on and establishing responsibilities for all team members involved in global tax transformation initiative. Embed tax risk management culture within tax teams and relevant non-tax teams, with training and presentations
- Help define process performance metrics and to ensure these are delivered across end to end process
- Proven Tax process and control experience across multiple territories
- Experience with tax process improvement and tax transformation
- Strong Financial process and governance understanding and experience at an operational and leadership level
- Significant management experience
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Experience with data management/manipulation desirable
- Tax reporting skills desirable
- Mixed tax exposure desirable
- Willing to take occasional short trips to EU
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- Car allowance
- Exceptional pension
- Flexible working
- Team management
- A unique one of one, very commercially exposed, leadership role
For a discreet and confidential discussion, please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Nebula Partners.