This high-profile organisation is steeped in history and firmly located in the upper reaches of the FTSE100. It has an unrivalled portfolio of branded goods and operations in over 36 countries, employing over 77,000 employees worldwide.
With a good sized tax team and track record for developing future leaders, you will enjoy a varied and exciting role. Furthermore, the level of commercial engagement is truly exceptional, and a clear reflection of how well profiled the tax function is with all the operating countries around the world.
As the joint leader for international tax, your principal area of concern will be to assist the Group Tax Director with the day to day management of group’s tax affairs, in particular delivering tax strategy, providing international tax support and oversight to global compliance.
In this role you will:
- Provide tax support for international M&A activity, including due diligence, financing, structuring and integration
- Assist with the tax considerations of organic international growth
- Provide practical and timely advice to requests from the businesses for tax input on key projects and plans
- Support with overseas tax audits including negotiations with revenue authorities
- Input into the group’s transfer pricing policy
- Consider transfer pricing issues around the group, ensuring material intra-group arrangements are priced appropriately
- Ensure transfer pricing master file and local file documentation requirements are met
- Support the group’s APA programme, renewing existing APAs and applying for new APAs
- Manage the group’s country-by-country reporting obligations
- Support Group Tax Director with identification of opportunities, developing strategies, and implementation of tax related projects
- Advise upon the most appropriate funding structure for overseas expansion
- Develop and maintain details of material tax risks around the group
- Work with treasury to find the best method of repatriating funds to the UK
- Consider tax implications of the group’s foreign exchange hedging policy
- Evaluate the effect of UK and overseas tax law changes on the group
- Review controlled foreign company regulations and apply to the group
- Work with the UK Tax Manager to ensure accurate and full disclosure of all relevant international tax matters in the UK corporation tax returns
- Work with the non-UK based in-house tax team on international tax projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international tax matters in the context of a large complex group
- Preference for experience of working within a FTSE listed tax team
- Also suited to a senior tax advisory professional role within the Big 4 (Director or experienced SM)
- Qualified Accountant, Chartered Tax Adviser or ADIT qualified
Must be able to speak in plain language with non-tax stakeholders and build effective working partnerships quickly.
- Reliable discretionary bonus
- Above average employer pension contribution
- Chance to work for a progressive organisation in a well-established and respected tax team
- Diverse work experience and leadership skills to support your career goals.
For a discreet conversation, please contact Greg Dadson at email@example.com to arrange a call.