With commercial dealings in dozens of countries worldwide, the organisation is a world leader in its field. Providing solutions to multinational customers all over the world, this business employs more than 25,000 people in over 100 countries. The department’s focus is to; assist the Group in meeting all relevant filing obligations in the jurisdictions in which it operates, reduce potential exposures to tax penalties and interest, co-ordinate and provide tax advice to the business operations, and organise the Group’s affairs tax efficiently.
As the UK Tax Specialist, you will be working on UK tax compliance, UK tax accounting and ad hoc UK tax advisory projects. This role is well suited for someone who is newly qualified.
Duties will include:
- Take ownership of the UK direct tax compliance for over 30 holding and operational companies including the preparation of tax returns and computations
- Management of group relief calculations, world-wide debt cap calculations and CFC analysis
- Calculation of UK tax provisions and preparation of tax disclosures for the UK statutory accounts
- Assist with the year end and interim tax reporting by calculating tax provisions for the UK Group
- Assist with HMRC tax enquiries
- Supporting the Regional Tax Director with ad hoc UK project work including UK M&A activity and UK employment tax advice
- Develop key relationships with various stakeholders including; UK Shared Services, Operational Directors, HR, HMRC, Legal Counsel, Treasury, external Advisors and Senior Finance.
- ACA, CTA qualified or equivalent
- Proven UK direct tax background
- Strong awareness of tax accounting
- Ideally suited to someone looking for their first step in-house
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Competitive holiday entitlement
For a confidential discussion contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners: