This well-established FTSE250 manufacturing group is world a leading supplier of specialist industrial products. With FTSE100 ambitions, the group has revenues of over £1bn and a recent track record of strategic acquisitions.
The business has commercial operations in 14 countries and distributes its products in over 100. With such a complex supply chain, the business required a specialist indirect taxes professional to take ownership of tax policy and processes for the group.
Reporting to the Global Head of Tax, you will take lead on all indirect tax matters globally. Core areas of focus will be indirect tax determination, risk management and project management. You will overs see the indirect compliance processed which are carried out with shared service centres in Europe, Asia and Americas.
Key duties will include:
- Understanding, documenting and overseeing the end to end VAT, Intrastat and ECSL compliance process, advising and implementing best practice in all jurisdictions including advising on/monitoring outsourcing of returns
- Managing indirect tax risk and minimising exposures through ensuring that appropriate controls, procedures and reporting functionality is in place
- Supporting projects where operational indirect tax input is required (business transformation programme, operating model changes, integration of acquisitions) and in the immediate short term Brexit planning
- Working collaboratively with the business at all levels, including global financial shared service centres, delivering proactive tax advice on new initiatives, ensuring all appropriate structures and processes are in place to optimise VAT cashflow
- Managing VAT elements of tax audits internationally and managing the Group’s indirect taxes relationship with HMRC
- Managing and working with external tax professionals where required
- Providing regular indirect tax training to finance, logistics and procurement personnel
- Staying abreast of indirect tax legislation in each relevant country and applying it to the business model.
- Big 4 VAT or existing in-house background, ideally in a multinational industrial/pharmaceutical/consumer goods group
- CIOT qualified (indirect route) or equivalent
- Experience of managing indirect tax determination problems
- Customs & excise experience an advantage
- Superb central London HQ
- Opportunity to lead indirect tax for a growing FTSE
- Strategic advisory role with oversight of shared service compliance team
For a discreet call contact Rebecca Sheehan at email@example.com