Work for a oil & gas group as the lead Excise and Customs expert.
Our client is a multinational oil & gas group with sizeable operations across Europe generating €13 bil. in revenue. Due to increased demand for tax services they are looking to build out their Indirect Tax advisory function with a new Customs & Excise Manager. The role will act as the subject matter expert on all relevant tax issues across the Group's international operations, as well as being the most senior Tax position within Germany. There will be an emphasis on business partnering, optimising process and controls, and championing Tax within the business.
- Maintaining knowledge around relevant Excise and Customs regulations across the region, proactively monitoring the impact across the group.
- Ensure accurate Excise and Customs Tax reporting & compliance processes.
- Maintain and develop standardised processes and controls.
- Managing compliance to EMCS, Import/Export obligations, EBV and other statistical obligations.
- Represent the business globally, working collaboratively on engagements and negotiations with government bodies, tax authorities, and auditors.
- Responsible for Excise and Customs Tax advisory and for supporting implementation of new activities such as M&A.
- Work with regional and global stakeholders on Excise and Customs Duty initiatives.
- Act as a proactive member of the Tax team, providing ad hoc support where required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Customs Duty, though more senior candidates will also be suitable.
- Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision making.
- German language skills are high advantageous.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 20 7429 4480