A multinational consultancy business based in the Leeds area have created a brand new Global Head of Tax position. They will need to be responsible for leading, managing and maintaining the Group's complex international tax affairs in all respects and ensuring effective tax strategy, planning and compliance to all applicable policies.
A multinational consultancy business based in the Leeds area. They have a supportive and high performing finance team and are known for offering excellent career progression opportunities.
As Global Head of Tax you will be responsible for:
- Concurrent review of applicable tax legislation, commercial activities and group structure to ensure effective optimisation of Group's tax position;
- Partner closely with regional finance teams to advice and manage on cross border and permanent establishment assessment considerations as they arise;
- Continuously review the applicability and suitability of the Group's transfer pricing model to ensure model fit for purpose and optimal at all times;
- Partner with local regional management to understand tax issues, exposures and associated accounting and advise on optimal solution, including but not limited to VAT and WHT charges, remittance strategies, and country by country reporting;
- Coordination with regional finance leads of proper compliance of tax filings and approval provided before filing;
- Continuously develop and drive process improvements to ensure robust control over the group's tax position and reporting processes;
- Effectively manage relationship with and requests made by the UK tax authorities;
- Develop comprehensive understanding of accounting and reporting system to ensure effective tax accounting and reporting;
- Manage process on all structuring and M&A transactions across all applicable global tax jurisdictions;
- Manage tax audit engagement and ensure adherence to all reporting requirements. Coordination of submission of all corporation tax returns of UK entities and delivery of full year tax reporting including iXBRL;
- Concurrent review of all tax balances in the statutory ledger to ensure appropriately stated and compliance with applicable accounting standards, tax regulations and Group's policies;
- Coordination with regional finance teams of VAT returns and assistance with correct VAT charges to customers in various countries as required;
The successful Global Head of Tax will be ACA and CTA qualified (or equivalent)
You will need experience of dealing with complex international tax affairs across multiple tax jurisdictions.
The individual will need experience in developing and execution of complex projects (such as transfer pricing and assessment of permanent establishments) as well as experience in developing and managing a large group's international tax strategy and planning initiatives.
Up to £85,000 + range of other benefits