International advisory position with a leading industrial manufacturing business..
Our client is a multinational group with operations in 40 global locations. They are now seeking a new Indirect Tax Senior Manager with responsibility for all jurisdictions, excluding the US. The role will focus on advising on supply chain queries, as well as business structuring and M&A. This is an ideal role for an existing Indirect Tax Manager/Senior Manager looking for a new challenge with an international remit.
- Evaluate business and corporate strategies for VAT efficiency, participate in decision making and deployment of the strategies;
- Advise the Business Units on VAT and Customs Duty queries related to existing and new business areas;
- Update and document existing procedures and processes, and/or implement new processes where necessary, to ensure robust indirect tax compliance and reporting;
- Ensure staff involved in the end-to-end VAT process are properly coached on indirect tax processes and procedures, and are supported in their day-to-day role;
- Support with audits and controversy as required, proactively seeking to manage and reduce risks;
- Work with and manage external Big 4 advisers to obtain robust, timely and practical advice on indirect tax matters affecting existing and new business areas;
- Provide ad hoc support to the wider Tax and corporate leadership teams.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- Prior experience advising on international supply chains and movement of goods.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 7557 231 550