This innovative Group, backed by one of the UK's leading Private Equity groups, is currently hiring a Global Tax Director to lead their global tax function. Reporting into the CFO with a dotted line in the CEO, this role is responsible for all areas of tax including corporate tax, indirect and transfer pricing. The Group is has enjoyed fast growth over the last few years both organically and through acquisitions.
Key responsibilities are as follows;
- Managing the Group's global tax risk and minimising the impact of that risk on the Group.
- Defining the Group's global tax strategy and identifying any inefficiencies, along with correcting processes and controls.
- Supervise and guide local accounting for tax across multiple jurisdictions and supporting the local finance resource on any complicated transactions.
- Accountable for tax work outsourced to external advisers including ensuring appropriate advice is obtained efficiently.
- Reviewing and developing methods of working and reporting systems to maximise efficiency and reduce tax liabilities wherever possible within the legislative framework
- Ownership of the indirect tax compliance in various jurisdictions including advising on structure and tax planning and utilising technology for efficiency.
- Reacting efficiently to global legislative changes and creating systems and processes to ensure compliance.
- Big 4 trained with experience working in large companies with complex tax structures
- CTA / CPA / ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent) with an awareness of US GAAP tax accounting
- Global Mindset, needs to embrace global nature of role and role as tax advisor to local finance heads
- A practical and commercial approach to problem solving
- Ability to work within and across teams, managing different priorities and expectations
- Ability to communicate complex tax matters to a non-tax audience
- Confident with offering constructive opportunity to colleagues concerning tax risk and compliance
- Strong people skills, with an ability to influence and manage people
- First class communication skills and ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain co-operation
If you are interested in discussing further then please do get in touch -