You will be responsible for acting as a VAT specialist for the firm and transform the indirect tax compliance function in multiple jurisdictions. You will also engage in indirect tax research and various special projects. Other key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the VAT Lead in ensuring the firm's compliance with tax laws and regulations with regards to indirect taxes in all countries in which the firm has a filing requirement.
- Providing support on day-to-day questions relating to the filing of indirect tax returns, European Sales Listings, Intrastat returns, and other indirect tax real time reporting requirements.
- Working closely with the Global VAT Manager to devise and design VAT best practice for the firm.
- Assisting with managing indirect tax audits and communicating with the firm's tax and audit service providers and tax authorities in each jurisdiction.
- Be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor on VAT matters and considerations.
- Working with the VAT Lead to identify indirect tax issues ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately.
- Display excellent organising, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit well developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organisational levels of the firm.
- Thrive working in a team environment with a customer service focus.