The Group Head of Tax & Deputy Treasurer will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of the Group's direct and indirect tax compliance and reporting in all jurisdictions where the firm has taxable presence. Part of the Group Finance Leadership Team and reporting to the Deputy CFO, the successful candidate will manage an experienced team of tax experts with knowledge across a broad range of taxes in a fast-changing environment. Furthermore, there is an expectation to work closely with and be capable of deputising for the Group Treasurer when the need arises.
- Member of the Senior Finance Management team with responsibility for the leadership and development of the tax function and overarching tax strategy.
- Take responsibility for Tax Structuring as well as oversee the timely and accurate delivery of all direct and indirect tax compliance obligations globally.
- Manage the timely and accurate delivery of the Group's monthly, interim and year-end tax reporting and disclosures, preparing relevant tax content for Board papers and other related papers and liaising with external auditors.
- Ensure maintenance of all tax risk policies, including an overarching Tax Strategy, a Tax-Sensitive Transaction Policy, and a Tax Risk Governance Framework.
- Co-ordinate the provision of tax advice in respect of new products and corporate development activity e.g. acquisitions and disposals, business and / or legal entity restructuring initiatives, treasury, capital / liquidity planning etc.
- Sustain effective partnerships between the tax function, the Business and other internal "clients" with tax touch-points (such as Compliance, Legal, Operations, HR / Payroll) to ensure the delivery of value-adding tax advice, subject matter expertise and risk governance.
- Manage the Group's interaction with HMRC's Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) as well as the Group's dealings with tax authorities globally.
- Manage the tax function's budget, including ensuring cost-effective utilisation of external advisors where appropriate.
- Advise on and oversee governance / documentation in relation to transfer pricing matters.
- Deputising for the Group Treasurer and supporting in the management of group treasury, including cash forecasting, intercompany cash-pooling, credit facility utilisation and lender payments.
- Advise on the tax and treasury implications of any mergers and acquisitions / other group projects, including tax efficient structuring
- Development of Group Tax and Treasury Policies
- Completion of tax and treasury strategies fit for projected Group growth
- Cash optimisation
- Monitoring lender covenants, complete reporting and ensure general compliance with the lender credit agreement.
- Preparing cash flow reports and projections for inclusion in monthly management reporting.
- Assist with the integration of the wider Group Finance, Tax and Treasury functions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- ACA and/or CTA qualified.
- Experience of working with both UK and international tax authorities
- Significant experience in complex restructurings / transactions, etc.
- Previous experience of managing a team and working with multidisciplinary teams across multiple jurisdictions
- Previously operated at a senior management level in a commercial business
- Financial Services experience, preferable but not essential.
- Previous Treasury experience would be advantageous
- Results oriented with personal accountability.
- Excellent attention to detail, quality and control.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton on 020 7429 4416 or to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.