Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology. For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care and as Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many. The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity. The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
This is a full time position based at our Head Office in Cumbernauld. The role involves working closely with the Group Finance Director and you will take responsibility for all areas of taxation within the business, including VAT, Corporation Tax and Employment Taxes.
You will be ACA/CA/CTA qualified and have experience of working within an accountancy practice/large corporate.
Duties will include:
- Monthly and Quarterly VAT compliance and reporting
- Ad-hoc technical advice and liaising with members of the finance team
- Corporation Tax calculations and responding to HMRC queries
- Preparation and submission of P11D’s, CT61’s and PSA forms
- Reviewing self-employed contractor’s relationships with Optical Express to ensure the correct status is adopted (IR35 rules)
- Good communication skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to work on own initiative with a professional approach to your work
- Working knowledge of Navision
- Working knowledge of Alphatax or similar package
Please submit your CV and covering letter with your current salary and notice period to email@example.com