This global engineering business is looking to make their first time tax hire in their UK HQ, to have oversight of the global tax function. An excellent opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career, reporting into the CFO and being part of finance leadership team.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Support the CFO in developing effective systems, policies and procedures to ensure that sound management of the group's tax affairs is central to the organisation
- Liaise with external professionals as necessary to ensure best practice is implemented and technical compliance is achieved, including auditors, tax advisers, actuaries, banks and other regulatory bodies
- Management of the group's effective tax rate ensuring all available reliefs are maximised and the group operates and invests in a tax efficient manner
- Oversight of employment tax, VAT and with-holding tax matters, including coordination with third party professional advisors where applicable for UK and international subsidiaries
- Responsible for all aspects of the group's transfer pricing policies and group management fee arrangements
- Support groups bid tender processes, contracts and regulatory & compliance programmes, as required, to meet the demands of the group
- Support the group's internal and external M&A strategy, to include assisting the CFO with financial assessments and tax implications.
- A qualified tax professional (ACA, CTA or equivalent)
- Big 4 / Top 10 Exposure and Experience is beneficial and/or experienced in an in-house tax team of a global business, with hands on broad taxation experience in UK corporation tax, R&D tax credit, employment tax/mobility and VAT governance, controls and compliance
Please apply below if you are interested in having a confidential discussion or get in touch direct -