A newly created Group Tax Manager role, with significant European responsibilities.
Our client are a great business who are growing and developing their tax team. They are investing heavily in this team and is a brilliant time to join!
The key responsibilities of the Group Tax Manager within a High growth Business are:
- Tax lead on acquisitions as the Group continues its European expansion programme.
- Put in place the correct group processes, standards and controls to make the company future "exit" ready
- Build relationships and interact with internal stakeholders and manage external advisors to provide excellent planning, consulting and expertise
- Identify and mitigate future tax risks.
- Lead on the delivery of a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations within timeframe.
- Manage tax compliance processes for the group, undertaking a coordination and review role for the provision of such services by third party advisors.
- Manage tax provision (prepare IFRS provisions for quarterly and annual reporting process), including ad-hoc requests for tax information and status updates.
- Lead for quarterly and annual tax reporting to the Group, answering queries and questions and co-ordinating with the wider finance team.
- Manage tax provision (prepare IFRS provisions for quarterly and annual reporting process) and tax compliance process.
- Manage and coordinate tax audits and oversee the statutory account tax processes.
- Overseeing the management of tax and compliance in overseas jurisdictions, managing providers to KPIs and strict deadlines
- Coach and develop accounting teams to improve their direct and indirect tax knowledge and to deliver standard and compliant ways of working.
The successful candidate for this Group Tax Manager role.
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor.
- Experience could be gained in practice or industry (or combination).
- Proven track record in corporate tax, including a knowledge of cross-border tax issues.
- The ability to understand and explain technical issues.
- An understanding and ability to quantify, communicate and manage tax risk.
- Strong IT skills and experience with accounting reporting systems.
- Effective communicator; able to build strong relationships with colleagues in other countries and departments and with third party tax advisors.
- A desire to identify improvements and drive change; demonstrating a 'can do' attitude.
Base Salary up to £65,000
Great company culture