65000 - 98000
23 days ago
Georgiana Head Recruitment Limited
An excellent opportunity for a senior tax professional to join the in-house team of a thriving UK business based in York. Our client is looking to further develop its Group Tax function through the appointment of a Group Tax Manager or Head of Tax. The main responsibilities of the position are for the day-to-day management of the Tax Department with a strong emphasis on ensuring full compliance and the development of appropriate tax risk management strategies.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Hands-on review of the control and risk framework to implement the Group’s Tax Strategy with a strong emphasis on full compliance.
• Day to day management of the Group’s Tax Department providing guidance to the Group Tax Accountant and Group Tax Assistant.
• Final technical review of the Group’s direct and indirect tax returns for submission to HMRC.
• Preparation of the Group’s Year End and Interim tax accounts including direct liaison with the Group Finance Team.
• Handling ad-hoc projects (business led or through change in tax law) demonstrating the ability to work and communicate clearly with colleagues at all levels.
• Providing clear tax advice to assist non-tax operational colleagues (with land transactions (VAT, SDLT, LTT, LBTT), employment status, employment taxes, demonstrating commercial awareness as well as technical expertise.
• Fostering and maintaining professional relationships internally and externally (auditors, advisors, HMRC).
What experience and skills are we looking for?
• Ideally you will be CTA or ACA qualified although we will consider candidates with an HMRC background
• You will have proven post-qualification experience in practice or in industry at a supervisory level
• A thorough knowledge and understanding of tax risk and controls.
• The ability to guide and manage colleagues in the tax department.
• Experience within the Construction or House Building sector would also be an advantage but is not essential.