An established Financial Services Plc with operations globally is currently seeking a Group Tax Manager to join the finance team in London. This is a newly created position reporting directly into the Group Financial Controller with oversight of two tax analysts. This role is a part time position, and can be considered on either a 3 or 4 day a week basis.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take control of the group’s compliance process
- Maintain a good relationship with HMRC
- Cover the business with advice for corporate and employment tax, VAT and other taxes
- Group tax accounting and the reporting process, making improvements in the process
- Train the two tax analysts and develop them to Tax Manager grade
- Qualified accountant/tax professional (ACA/ACCA/CTA)
- Big 4 experience would be preferable with industry experience as a Tax Manager
- Excellent teamwork and leadership skills to deal with direct reports
- People management experience is essential
- Ability to build relationships with senior stakeholders and explain results to non-tax individuals.