This high-profile organisation is firmly located in the upper reaches of the FTSE100. It has an unrivalled portfolio of businesses, operating in over 100 countries, and employing over 100,000 people worldwide. The culture is relaxed and innovative with luxuirious offices with an an iconic London landmark.
With a horizontally structured team of senior tax professionals, you will enjoy a varied and exciting career path. Furthermore, the level of commercial engagement is truly exceptional, and has helped many past members go on to become Heads of Tax in other organisations.
The Group Tax Team requires an accomplished tax reporting expert to join the team. You will lead on the half and full year tax reporting consilidation. Outside of reporting season, you will have freedom to su[pport across a number of different areas including; international tax, tax structuring/transactions, transfer pricing and risk advisory.
In the role you will:
- Manage the production of the year-end and interim group consolidated tax charge and tax disclosure notes under IFRS
- Prepareg forecasts to ensure that the group’s headline Effective Tax Rate (ETR) is managed and communicated internally
- Work with finance teams on a range of issues including acquisitions, corporate reorganisations and mergers
- Provide necessary training to finance colleagues internationally on tax reporting requirements
- Prepare deferred tax assets/liabilities schedules
- Manage the fair value accounting process for acquisitions
- Preparation of the Group’s Country by Country reporting information
- Supporting overseas business units with tax accounting issues
- Providing quality control of tax reporting packs and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensuring necessary Sarbanes-Oxley documentation is in place, particularly regarding compliance and controls in the tax area
- Updating Internal Controls in respect to the Tax Reporting cycle
- Technical research, modelling and analysis of the impact of legislative and/or accounting standard changes.
- Liaising with members of the team on International tax issues/reforms
- Identification of process improvements
- Assisting with internal valuations used for intra-group reorganisations
- Preparation and consolidation of the tax information for annual presentations to the Group Finance Director and to the Audit Committee
- Liaising with our Corporate Social Responsibility team on tax matters
Big 4 trained
ACA/CTA or equivalent
Practical experience of working with or within a FTSE100 or equivalent environment with responsibility for reporting numbers under IFRSA good working knowledge of international tax principles
Excellent base salary
Employer contributory pension scheme
To book a discreet call please email Greg Dadson