Our client is a constantly expanding, market leading commodities broker with global headquarters based in Central London. They are seeking a Group VAT Manager to join their fast-moving international tax team. This position is ideal for someone looking for an autonomous position where you will be designing processes and working closely with senior finance management on a variety of projects.
Key responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Overseeing the filing of UK and overseas VAT returns whilst managing the relationship with HMRC.
- Working alongside the auditors, both internal and external, to guarantee efficient quarterly and year end processes.
- Advise on all aspects of the VAT such as, the balance sheets and postings to VAT accounts.
- Assess current VAT compliance and reporting processes to advise on process and tighten controls
- Act as subject matter expert for VAT on all finance projects including Brexit and MTD
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified OR HMRC/Industry trained
- Experience of completing VAT returns.
- Ability to solve VAT problems and be able to spot inaccuracies in doing so.
- Skilled at working in a team but also being able to communicate with different levels of hierarchy.
- A desire to assist in a variety of project work