- Newly Created Head of Direct Taxation
- Join a Business driving innovation in the areas of heating and hot water comfort
About Our Client
Michael Page Taxation are proud to be partnering with Vaillant Group to recruit a new Head of Direct Taxation. The role is based at our manufacturing and sales & marketing headquarters in Belper. Remote / home working is available.
Who are Vaillant?
We at Vaillant Group are 13,000 colleagues from more than 50 countries who work every day for a better climate - for people at home and the environment.
In its core business of heating technologies the company is the second-largest European manufacturer in this sector. In addition, the Vaillant Group is also active in ventilation and air-conditioning technology markets as well as a growing focus in the area of renewable energy.
The company develops and manufactures its products at sites in the United Kingdom as well as Germany, France, Slovakia, Turkey and China.
At Vaillant Group, we can offer you excellent working conditions to harness your potential and provide great job satisfaction. Working for us makes you responsible for the future - your own, and that of our planet.
Head of Direct Taxation, reporting into the UK Group Finance Director / UK CFO you will be responsible for:
- Preparation & submission of CT computations & returns for 10 UK companies including, reviews of Fixed assets additions/disposals, "Tax sensitive" P&L accounts, Provisions/accruals etc.
- Inputting information into tax software including allocations of group relief.
- Analysis of financial information and liaison with external advisors for the purposes of completing the Patent Box claim within Vaillant Industrial (eligibility ends during 2021).
- Updating local transfer pricing files supplied by the Global Group Tax Team, for operating companies.
- Managing conversion of statutory accounts into iXBRL format for submission with computations
- Arrange/provide advice for the Global Group Tax Team on international transactions affecting the UK when required.
- Production of "Head Office Companies" (HO) statutory accounts & year end audit to comply with internal/external deadlines.
- Review forecasts/pension scheme accounting deficit including up to date parameters. Produce updates to the negative pledge estimated profits from the group reporting system.
- Treasury operations, reviews of cash positions for daily/weekly bank deposits, checking Head Office and sundry pension payments prior to approval on the bank.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following:
- You should have a proven track record in corporate tax gained from working in a professional services environment.
- Hold a professional accounting qualification.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to develop new technical skills quickly.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills working across a range of stakeholders both internally and external.
- You should have the ability to influence all levels of the organisation to help achieve the commercial aims of the group.
- Essential to be a self-starter and able to act on own initiative.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.Ref Code: MPTAJN 0420212555355Z
Closing Date: 31/05/2021