Working closely with the Head of Tax, the Head of Indirect Tax will build the global indirect tax function, including setting indirect tax policies and accountabilities, optimizing value opportunities, advising the business and determining an appropriate risk and control framework.
The role holder will be responsible for defining and executing indirect tax policies and strategic priorities while overseeing compliance processes which are outsourced to Global Business Service Operations and/or external providers.
The role holder will manage risks and pursue opportunities / process efficiencies (incl. automation). As a business partner, the role holder will advise numerous business stakeholders on indirect tax matters.
* Develops and implements the Group's indirect tax strategy to deliver sustainable value
* Leads a range of critical projects, for example supply chain optimization and sales tax engine selection and implementation
* Drives efficiencies in VAT processes and optimize cash flow / balance sheet positions
* Partners with the business to develop successful long-term strategic relationships advising on operations and transactions to achieve shared organizational objectives.
* Establishes an indirect tax risk and governance framework, optimizing the use of technology where appropriate and striving for continuous improvement
* Leads indirect tax controversy and policy matters, maintains good relationships with tax authorities
* Reviews new indirect tax legislation and advises on the implications, ensuring updates of ERP systems, manuals and policies and updating relevant stakeholders
* Builds awareness in the organization regarding indirect tax, e.g. by providing training to relevant stakeholders and establishing processes
* As a member of the tax leadership team, contributes actively to the organizational development of the tax function, coaches and develops team members
* Strong indirect tax expertise (excellence in European VAT, good understanding of indirect tax in other jurisdictions, incl. US)
* Familiarity with SAP and tax technology solutions (e.g. OneSource, Vertex)
* Ability to think and act strategically while being able to execute on operational deliverables
* Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Brewer Morris.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.