Oversee all aspects of corporate and project tax (which includes LLPs, LPs, corporates and unit trusts).
- Developing and "owning" tax strategies for different areas of the business.
- Working closely with all Argent Related partners and development teams, drive major tax structuring projects (and restructuring projects for existing developments).
- Identify tax planning opportunities and process improvements.
- On an ongoing basis, assess tax risks and recommend strategies to mitigate them.
- Regular communication of current technical opportunities and risks to non-experts within the business.
- Continually monitor and communicate changes in tax legislation, as appropriate.
- Regular and effective communication with investor tax teams based in UK, Australia and USA and oversight of tax reporting to investors and ad-hoc requests.
- Be proactive in advising senior management of tax issues/opportunities that may have meaningful consequences.
Oversee the relationships with key external parties including HMRC and tax consultants/advisors.
- Oversee the strategy for dealing with on-going tax enquires.
- Provide oversight over whether the tax projects are proceeding on time, on budget and in accordance with plan.
- Develop and maintain a forward looking priority and resource plan covering both internal resource and external tax consultants.
- Oversight of the VAT and CIS return process, dealing with ad-hoc queries as they arise.
- Preparation of Board minutes in relation to tax and projects.
- Supporting the business on all tax related projects and queries. Conduct oneself with the highest level of business integrity.
- ACA, CTA or equivalent experience gained in either an accountancy or legal role.
- Experience in project managing large tax projects with multiple stakeholders and advisors.
- Superior organisational skills, and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to assimilate complex legal documents.
- Experience managing tax matters relating to partnerships, including LPs and LLPs.
- Superior interpersonal skills:
- Ease in working with people up and down the organization hierarchy.
- Naturally adaptive to different audiences.
- Diplomatically assertive.
- Experience of real-estate tax issues.
- Experience of private equity tax and accounting.
- Understanding of US tax reporting.
- Practical knowledge of VAT would be an advantage.
- Excellent Excel knowledge.
- Strategic thinker with a keen understanding of value creation.
- Creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Ability to think as easily at 60,000 feet as at the granular level.
- Naturally thinks and acts like an owner.
- External profile including industry contacts
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics. Values entrepreneurialism. Demonstrates strong intellectual curiosity; always seeking new approaches and challenging the organization to new levels of success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Willing to travel occasionally between New York and London.
This role is being managed on a retained and exclusive basis by Michael Johnson at Pure Search. Any third-party applications will be forwarded to Michael Johnson for consideration.