Are you a tax professional with a strong corporate tax background? Are you looking for a new challenge that offers a once in a life time experience? How about living within a thriving community, set in a stunning natural environment? If so, come and join our small friendly team of experienced tax professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands Government is seeking to recruit a Head of Tax who will join the team in the Falklands for a fixed-term contract up to four years’ to lead a group of friendly tax professionals with different backgrounds and specialisms.
We are seeking to recruit a person who can:
- Ensure corporate tax revenues are collected in an effective and timely manner.
- Input to and consider legislative changes to support the development of the economy.
- Lead, develop and mentor their team and support knowledge transfer.
- Embrace opportunity for the benefit of future generations.
- Fixed Term Contract up to 4 Years.
- Salary Range, basic starting salary £50,771k up to £62,414k per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- Favourable income tax rates.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download the job description and further information from our online vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk.
For further information regarding the position please contact Tim Waggott, Financial Secretary by emailing email@example.com or by calling (+500) 28400.
To apply, please complete our online application form from our vacancy page www.jobs.gov.fk, by clicking on 'Apply Now' and completing the form. Alternatively, download an offline form from the same page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
Applications close 18 September 2020 at 2030 GMT.
Falkland Islands Government (FIG)
The Falkland Islands is a British Overseas Territory, with full internal self-government.
As the largest employer in the Falkland Islands, we offer many unique and fulfilling job opportunities, across the full spectrum of public services. Our responsibilities include those typically managed by central government – taxation, legislation and policy, as well as those usually managed on a local level such as town planning, health and social services, and education. FIG also provides services specific to the needs of the Falkland Islands, such as fisheries research, power generation and the Government Air Service, FIGAS.
For more information about working for Falkland Islands Government, take a look at our recruitment microsite: www.jobs.gov.fk
The Falkland Islands
Set in the South Atlantic Ocean, around 400 miles east of South America and 8000 miles south-west of the UK, the Falkland Islands are a small, thriving community with a British way of life, benefiting from good local services, a varied social calendar and an absence of traffic jams!
The Falkland Islands’ stunning natural environment provides an unspoiled landscape and amazing wildlife to observe and explore, including penguins, whales and dolphins, all seen from the shore.
For those with a sense of adventure, it provides opportunities which are hard to match anywhere else in the world.