Optivo have an exciting new role and we are seeking an experienced Head of Tax to join us on a permanent basis.
The role of the Head of Tax is to provide effective, accurate and tailored tax advice and support to senior colleagues across Optivo ensuring optimisation of the organisation's position and effective management of tax risks and compliance obligations.
- You’ll deliver a customer focussed service which embraces the Optivo culture, working with the wider team to meet the objectives in the team plan.
- Lead the tax function, develop our tax strategy and tax policies and implement best practices.
- Act as a first point of contact for all business tax queries and involve tax advisers where necessary. Develop and maintain good professional working relationships with customers and partners and respond to enquiries and correspondence.
- Work closely with internal customers on the structuring and tax implications of all new property developments, providing advice on tax efficient structuring of all contracts, including joint venture/collaborations agreements and development land acquisitions.
- Provide tailored support & advice for all business units including transactional and investment decisions.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external tax advisers, external auditors, HMRC, internal auditors and senior management across Optivo.
What you’ll need
- Exposure to a high degree of UK tax
- ATT qualification or equivalent
- Excellent technical accounting knowledge
- Experience from within a construction/housebuilding group would be an advantage
- Strong numerical ability
- Experience of explaining and analysing tax issues on operational matters (eg joint ventures, development schemes etc)
This role can be based from our Kent, London or Sussex sites.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We have generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities). If you are passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 10th November 2020 at 9am. Shortlisting will conclude by Tuesday 17th November 2020