Are you a tax professional with a strong corporate tax or HMRC background? Are you looking for a new challenge that offers a once in a life time experience? How about living within a thriving community, set in a stunning natural environment? Want to learn about businesses that operate in a rural and coastal setting? Develop friendships and memories that will last a lifetime? If so, come and join our small friendly team of experienced tax professionals in the beautiful Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands Government is seeking to recruit a Head of Tax who will join the team in the Falklands for a fixed-term contract of between two and four years’ to lead a group of friendly tax professionals with different backgrounds and specialisms.
We are seeking to recruit a person who can:
- Input to and consider legislative changes to support the development of the economy.
- Lead, develop and mentor their team and support knowledge transfer.
- Ensure corporate tax revenues are collected in an effective and timely manner.
- Embrace opportunity for the benefit of future generations.
- Salary Range, basic starting salary a minimum of £62,414k per annum commensurate with qualifications and experience, more available for an exceptional candidate.
- Favourable income tax rates.
- Eligibility for a 25% Gratuity, paid upon successful completion of the contract.
- 30 Days Annual Leave, plus government and public holidays (totalling 41 days leave).
- Relocation Allowance, to help with moving costs.
- Flights Package for you and recognised dependents at the beginning and end of contract, and additional annual return flights contingent on the duration of the contract.
- Government Housing for rent at a subsidised rate and a starter pack to help you settle in.
- A stimulating and supportive setting to work in and a unique and beautiful setting to live in.
How to Apply
For further information regarding the position please contact Andrew Timlin at Hays or by calling 07887777735.
To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter before the closing date.