- An excellent newly created Head of Tax role for this Global Property Group
- Private Equity backed Property organization with operations in 20+ countries
About Our Client
Our client is a global property group offering a suite of services to its clients whilst undertaking its own design and build projects as well. They have significant operations across US, UK, EMEA and Asia and with renewed investment from a well known PE house they have ambitious plans to grow both organically and through acquisition. Culturally they operate a dynamic business model with employees empowered to drive projects without layers of bureaucracy slowing decisions down. The environment will be fast paced and rewarding for sure!
This is a stand alone Head of Tax currently, but if the business case exists senior management will seriously consider adding heads to the Tax department. Given this is a greenfield role the responsibilities will evolve considerably over the first 12 months, however the key responsibilities will include:
- Review, oversee and manage international tax compliance processes with local tax advisers for all international regions including, but not limited to, UK, US, EMEA and Asia
- Support the accurate preparation of the Group's financial statements by creating a global tax workbook which includes all local entity calculations, income tax expense (both current and deferred) and all tax positions.
- Significant business support Tax work including the tax integration of business acquisitions, dispositions, and restructurings
- Lead and manage the annual income tax return process with external tax consultants and review annual returns for sensibility
- Manage income tax audits as well as indirect tax compliance processes and audits.
- Defend the Company's transfer pricing and other international tax positions in IRS audits.
- Build international tax efficient processes, including automation, developing, and implementing procedural changes and/or processes.
- Work with Tax advisors, lawyers and Counsel to develop and implement international tax planning strategies designed to manage tax risks, effective tax rate, and cash repatriation
- Attend to all tax notices received from various governmental agencies
- Perform internal tax audits to ensure local and global tax positions are defensible and in line with tax best practice and regulations.
- Review the transfer pricing process and identify areas for improvement, efficiency, or where application is not in line with BEPS regulation or best practice.
- Monitor changes in worldwide tax legislation, regulations, and case law and evaluate effect on Company ETR and tax balance sheet.
- Special projects as required, including substantive tax research on issues at hand.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will ideally be ACA/CTA or ACCA qualified having trained with a reputable accounting firm. You will have 10 + years international Tax experience not just as an advisor but also having worked in industry.
What's on Offer
Circa £100,000 - £130,000 base plus a discretionary bonus and an excellent benefits package.